Friday, July 27, 2007

Star Trek XI? How did I miss this?!

How did I miss that in April 2006, it was announced that there would be an eleventh Star Trek film?! This just made my day!
Star Trek is the working title of the planned eleventh entry in the Star Trek film series—based on Gene Roddenberry's science fiction franchise. Sometimes referred to as Star Trek XI, the film received extensive coverage in the entertainment press during 2005 and 2006. In April 2006, after several years of rumor and speculation, Paramount Pictures announced that the film will be produced by Lost co-creators J. J. Abrams (who is also directing the film) and Damon Lindelof, and written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman, who will also be executive producing along with Bryan Burk. In July 2007, it was revealed and officially announced by Paramount that the movie will star Zachary Quinto and Leonard Nimoy.

Although few details are known about the film at this point, it has been confirmed that the film will feature James T. Kirk and Spock, and will be released on December 25, 2008.

I need to go to more movies! I don't think that there have been trailers for this yet, but maybe!! I'm getting chills when I look at...
Star Trek teaser poster
And look at the directors! And creators! And actors!! I need to get away from the computer and go and calm down somewhere... You should check out more information that was recently released.

No comments: