Friday, January 28, 2005

Winamp is Amazing

So FCUK's audio stream was only playing in Windows Media Player because it uses an ASX stream, and I was upset about that. I like Winamp a lot.

I was especially upset to see that Media Player couldn't put its visualization on my background. Now, I didn't know Winamp could do this, but I thought that both should be able to.

So I went on-line to see if there was a way for me to get ASX's to play in Winamp, and it turns out they can (with a very simple modification to the ASX file).

Anyway, it turns out Winamp CAN put the visualization on the background, which is very cool. Now, the other cool thing is that Winamp's visualization engine (specifically the mlik one) is REALLY GREAT **ESPECIALLY** when compared to Media Player. I'm REALLY impressed.

So now as I work my desktop pulses to my music as I work. I'm sure my officemates will be excited.

No comments: