Wednesday, December 21, 2005

HELP! KVM+IntelliMouse Optical?

UPDATE: I found the wonderful QVS KVM-12CK KVM switch, and it works perfectly.

I have been pulling my hair out trying to find a good keyboard and mouse combination for my parents'. They just added a second computer to their rec. room -- the old one was just for the grand kids -- and want a KVM switch to switch from one to the other.

I have a few KVM switches that worked well 10 years ago, but none of them support 5-button mice.

So I keep trying new KVM switches that **SAY** they support "Microsoft IntelliMouse" (they have a Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical) but I get them home and find that that was a lie. I search on-line (needle in a haystack) and eventually find lots of other people with the problem.

Is there *ANY* KVM switch out there that can work?

I really want a KVM switch that has PS/2 connections to each computer since the grand kids' computer is hidden and can only be configured to be turned on from the keyboard if the keyboard is connected via PS/2. I suppose I could try a USB-to-PS/2 converter (which is correctly on the end of the current keyboard), but I don't trust converting *AFTER* the KVM since this keyboard has some fancy keys.

HELP?! SOMEONE!! PLEASE!!

No comments: