Friday, December 30, 2005

Technorati Tags

So I'm going to start putting Technorati Tags at the end of my posts, I think.

You see, I recently installed the Performancing extension for Firefox, and it makes it pretty easy to blog on the fly. I just click on a little button in my status bar and half of my screen turns into a new blog post. I have access to all my previous posts. Most importantly (to this post), I have "Publishing options" that include being able to specify Technorati tags.

Now, what's upsetting is that Blogger doesn't support categories. If I was to use something like Movable Type, WordPress, etc., I would get categories and those categories would be my tags. Thus, you wouldn't see the tags at the bottom of the page.

However, it's hard for me to move away from Blogger. It's a pretty large blogging community, and I don't want to force my (very few) number of readers to start looking elsewhere and creating new logins and all that jazz. I'd like to keep things at blogger. (plus, I don't see a whole lot of advantage to using one of the other blogging softwares)

Thus, from now on you'll probably see "Technorati tags:" at the bottom of many of my posts (much like seeing "Keyword:" at the top of a publication next to the abstract).

So that's that.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: