Sunday, July 03, 2005

They Call Me "Dance Fever"

Mark's wedding was Saturday. It was great. There were only about 130 people there. Because the bride and groom were not both Catholic, they skipped the mass and had a short service. The reception was on campus, which made it easy to walk to, and Mark's playlist was all 80's songs. He included the electric slide. He did not include the macarena and instead used the cha-cha slide. He did not include the chicken dance (which may have been a mistake). He did include Clarence Carter's "Strokin'," which apparently has a lot to do with why AV, one of the groomsmen, is now calling me "dance fever."

You see, a lot of people don't realize this about me, but if I spend less than 75% of a wedding doing anything but dancing, then I feel like I've wasted my time there. I just love dancing at weddings. I especially like dancing when I'm IN weddings because then I have nice new shoes that do not have scuffed bottoms, so I can slide easily on the floor.

Thus, many people thought I must have been pretty drunk last night, but I didn't have time to drink. I only had four drinks all night. I just was excited to be there. I also got a chance to start early since Liza let me dance with her.

Well, what I didn't realize is that a video was being made of me dancing to Clarence Carter's "Strokin'." I have a whole presentation. You see, I've been close to this song ever since before I really knew exactly what "strokin'" was. My parents and siblings were very familiar with the song, and so I heard it a lot.

What's so upsetting is that the video looks SO VERY DIFFERENT than how it looks in my head. In my head, I'm pretty proud of what I'm up to. In my head, I'm excited about all the eyes on me. I enjoy the attention. I enjoy being entertaining. However, as a viewer of the video, I'm less entertained and more massively embarassed at my naivete. Apparently everyone loved it though. Apparently it will be on-line available for download soon. MAYBE I'll include a link to it from here... MAYBE.
 

No comments: