Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I hate the National Review

The following is paraphrased from The Daily Show last night. Jon Stewart just brought up the point if you live in a black and white world, then saying that embryonic stem cell research sacrifices innocent lives is not consistent with support for the Iraq war. Ramesh's response was that the Iraq war is okay because civilians aren't intentionally targeted. It went something like this:
"Well, I'm against any war where civilians are intentionally targeted, like in Hiroshima and Nagasaki."
-- "National Review" editor Ramesh Ponnuru (paraphrased)

"You are a brave man for coming out against Hiroshima."
-- Jon Stewart (in response, paraphrased)

(raucous laughter)
-- crowd (in response, paraphrased)

He may have said something like, "I really have to hand it to you for coming out against Hiroshima." Either way, I think you get the point.

Check it out at Comedy Central. I'm sure the video will be available soon.

No comments: