Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ, Hang the DJ

So April has been a CD101 "essential artists" month, which means that every day they feature a certain "essential artist" and play lots and lots of music by them that day. That's not all they play that day, but every hour you can be sure to hear at LEAST one song by that artist, and often more, and different songs throughout the day.

So the other day it was The Smiths, which means that all day I got to hear Morrissey whine about being the saddest gay (or not gay?) Englishman alive.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy The Smiths (the music itself is great; go Johnny Marr go), and I get a kick out of Morrissey; however, a whole day of Morrissey is a little tough to take. OKAY, I GET IT. BAD ENGLAND AND SAD AND ALONE MORRISSEY. WE CAN MOVE ON NOW.

So "Watershed" is the band today, NPR is still running, and I have my audiobook and batteries for my MP3 player, so all is right in the world again... At least, for a while.

No comments: