Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Ruffles have ridges! And so does ham...

Recently I had to cut up a ham. It was a cold cooked ham. Basically a left-over from someone's dinner. It was in the fridge, but I noticed no one was eating it (because it was a big slab of ham) so I cut it into slices. And that got me thinking...

Every ham I've cut has always had these nice ridges down its outside (like the way your skin wrinkles up when it gets soggy) that make perfect guides for cutting slices out of it. There is usually about a quarter inch (on average) distance from trough to trough, which makes for decent-sized slices.

Now, are those ridges there naturally? Or have they been added somehow artificially just to make cutting the ham that much more fun?

This is what I get for not growing up on a farm... Well, that and a lack of conservative values...

No comments: