Thursday, June 29, 2006

Yes, but is it Teddy's 80's Night?

Tonight I've been invited out with a group of people that I don't know to go to Skully's, and my ambassador to that group happens to be out of town. It's only through a strange twist of fate that I ended up having contact with them without her as a middle man.

Every Thursday is Scully's "Alternative Ladies Eighties Night." Women get in free (and receive a long stem rose at the door). (oh, and Thursday is one of the 21+ nights)

I think it would be fun to go out, plus my ex-girlfriend is in San Diego now so there's no chance of awkwardly bumping into her. However, I've got to get up early tomorrow, and I'm not sure I really want to go out dancing with a group of people with whom I've never really had spoken word. I can think of someone who I might take with me, but I've really never gone out with her either. The woman with whom I'm going to Cedar Point tomorrow (hence the early wake-up) might enjoy something like that, but I'm still weirded out a little by the whole thing. Plus, I'm not sure how she feels about 80's music other than the Beastie Boys. Would alternative 80's be too much of a stretch?

Going a different way, there's a couple that I lost in the breakup. Since the ex is out of town, there's a chance I might be able to convince them to come, because I think they might have a good time. It still leaves me in a strange third-wheel position... but it's better than an awkward unicycle.

I know. I'm making this unnecessarily complicated. Does it seem so wrong to want to have someone else around the first time I go out with a big group of unfamiliar people? (note: they're unfamiliar people who I think I'd end up liking, which is even more important for me not to come off as uncomfortable and un-fun)

Should be a cool night tonight too. 60's and 70's!

No comments: